001.1 University Calendar of Public Events
|Created by: Stephanie Ferguson on 05/02/2007|
|Category: 0 - General Administration; 00 - General|
|Originator: Vice President for Marketing and Public Relations|
|Current File: 001.1|
|Adoption Date: 05/01/2007|
|Reviewed for Currency: 10/25/2017|
|Replaces File: 001.1|
|Date of Origin: 11/12/1975|
|In Archive? 0|
001.1 University Calendar of Events
In order to coordinate and publicize activities, to avoid conflicts, and to make sure that Furman facilities are available, an official calendar is based on 25Live entries made by internal departments and individuals. Separately, University Communications maintains a list of public events on the university’s news site.
Furman maintains an official calendar, including academic and non-academic events.
1. The academic calendar is established by an algorithm developed and overseen by the Academic Policies committee in consultation with the academic administration.
2. Enrollment Services is responsible for maintaining the university’s official calendar made available to the campus community at calendar.furman.edu.
3. An online calendar system is populated from entries made in 25Live. This self-reporting calendar will be the official events calendar for the university and will be available online.
4. Facilities should be scheduled for use by the person responsible for the event through the web-based 25Live events calendar.
5. University Communications maintains a listing of public events on the Furman University news site, news.furman.edu/events.