188.1 Faculty Salary Distribution
|Created by: Pat Teague on 02/05/1999|
|Category: 1 - Academic Affairs; 80 - Procedures|
|Originator: Acad. Adm. & Faculty Status Committee|
|Current File: 188.1|
|Adoption Date: 08/21/2009|
|Reviewed for Currency: 08/21/2009|
|Replaces File: 188.1|
|Date of Origin: 07/02/1974|
|In Archive? 0|
188.1 Faculty Salary Distribtuion
Members of the Furman faculty are paid on a set schedule in order to allow for individual planning and to take advantage of automated payroll procedures.
The annual salary is for a twelve (12) month period with the option of being distributed in either nine (9) or twelve (12) month installments, beginning with the first month of the regular academic year. Faculty will select the number of installments when the annual contract renewal agreement is signed and this selection will remain in effect for the contract period.
1. Payday for faculty members will normally be the twenty-eighth (28th) of each month except December, when it shall be the last University workday prior to the twenty-fourth (24th).
2. If a payday falls on a bank or University holiday (See File 819.2 for list of University holidays) or a weekend, payday will be the last workday prior to the holiday or weekend.
3. Questions about payroll processing should be addressed to the Controller/Director of Financial Services.
4. Salary arrangements for faculty members teaching in the Summer Session are explained in File 118.1.
5. Faculty members who are leaving Furman by termination or retirement may draw the remainder of their salary on the April pay date, provided the clearance form has been completed. (See File 181.1.)
6. For some cases, such as beginning faculty establishing residence or faculty taking sabbaticals, the Dean of the Faculty can approve special pay arrangements.