403.2 Gold Cards
|Created by: Stephanie Ferguson on 02/06/1999|
|Category: 4 - Development & Alumni Affairs; 00 - General|
|Current File: 403.2|
|Adoption Date: 06/10/1996|
|Reviewed for Currency: 05/24/2007|
|Replaces File: 403.2|
|Date of Origin: 06/04/1976|
|In Archive? 0|
403.2 Gold Cards
Furman wishes to give recognition to special friends of the University by offering a Gold Card which will provide certain privileges at Furman. Gold card holders will be individuals who serve or support Furman in a very special relationship.
Gold cards will be offered to Trustees, Advisory Council members, certain donors (see below) and other key friends of the University. Holders of the Gold Card and their spouse and children 16 years of age and under will be extended use of the golf course (reduced greens fees), library, Physical Activities Center, and two complimentary tickets to Theatre Guild productions.
1. The Director of Development will issue all Gold Cards.
2. Trustees and Advisory Council members will receive Gold Cards during the period of their elected or appointed term.
3. Gold Cards will be offered to donors who have made gifts totaling at least $1,000 annually.
4. Gold Cards may also be offered to those persons recommended by appropriate departments and approved by the President.
5. All persons qualifying for a Gold Card by virtue of a gift to the University will be advised in writing that acceptance of its privileges may affect the deductibility of their gift.
6. When a charge is involved such as for play productions, the supervisor of the facility or program will charge the appropriate budget unit.
7. Gold Cards usually will be issued annually.
8. Gold Card holders must follow established regulations for each facility used.
9. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the Director of Development, and a replacement will be issued.
10. Gold Cards and accompanying benefits are not transferable to children over age 16, employees of a person's organization, or friends. Only the person whose name appears on the card, his or her spouse and children 16 and under may use the card.